Friday, August 5, 2016

Weekly Recap


While this bowl of oatmeal looks quite tasty, my food options for the next few days will have a lot less texture.

I'm scheduling this to post as I'm pretty sure I'm not up to doing much of anything this morning except take more pain meds and crawl back into bed. I'm typing this on Monday, Aug. 1 because yesterday (Thursday) I had all of my teeth pulled and my temporary dentures put in. For the first time in my life I have straight teeth and a smile I want to share. Unfortunately, my food choices for the next several days are very limited. The first four days will be anything that does not require chewing - broth, jello, pudding, etc. I've discovered cup o noodle soup from Campbell for the Kuerig. The broth packet now comes in the form of a K-cup and the noodle packet (very small noodles) are in a cellophane packet. I know I'm going to be sore for several days. After about day four or five, I need to start chewing stuff that doesn't require a lot but does start the callousing process of the gums. Oh joy.

With this in mind, I look forward to stepping on the scale for the next couple of weeks.
So my weekend is Ibuprophen, pain pills and food items I do not have to chew. But I know the few days of discomfort (okay, probably pain) will be so worth it in the end.

Enjoy the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment