Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekly Check-In

My question for this week is "Why do we have to be scared into doing something we knew we should have been doing all along?"

I met up with a young woman (I'll call her Cher) I hadn't seen since February. When I saw her walk into the restaurant, my mouth fell open. Wow! She looked AMAZING! Mind you, at her previous 232 pounds, I'd never saw her as fat or obese. She was a little on the heavy side but she is a bit taller than I am so I guess it didn't show that she weighed fifty pounds more than I do.

In March, she found two lumps. The doctors checked them out and just kept an eye on them by retesting over a period of weeks. But the thought that she could have cancer at 35 scared the crap out of her. She instantly began counting calories, staying within 1200-1500 per day and working out like a mad woman. She uses the Wii machine with The Biggest Loser workout program and Zumba Fit. She's lost forty pounds in almost five months! She said she isn't done fighting yet... either the weight she knew she should have lost a long time ago or the battle for her health. They've found a mass and we're awaiting the test results. In the mean time, she'll keep living her new path on the journey of life.

I don't want to be 'scared' into losing weight. I just want to do what I know I should be doing on a daily basis and enjoying the journey right along with Cher .... and you!

Blessings!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment