Wednesday, February 12, 2020

CROCKPOT NIGHT!


I'm changing up our menu planning this year. We are going to eat out less and plan meals around some of our favorite (or at least when we bought them) appliances. 
This week, I thought I'd walk you through a semi-failed recipe from :


I've bookmarked several recipes I want to try. One was for Saucy Sweet Chicken Wings.
The recipe called for 12 chicken wings, 3 C. BBQ sauce, 1/4 c. maple syrup, 1/4 C ketchup and 1 T. sugar.

I left out the maple syrup. In place of the other ingredients I used my low-carb bbq sauce and ketchup. I used brown sugar in place of the white sugar.

Cook:
High - 6-8 hours
Low - 3-4 hours

I cooked mine on low and they were falling off the bone at the 3 hour mark. 

This is what they looked like when I fished them out:


I removed the swimming wings from the crock pot. For being in almost 3 cups of BBQ sauce/ ketchup blend, they were very bland-looking

This is the juice I poured out of the crock pot (please excuse the blurry photo)


All of the BBQ sauce went down the drain! Wasted!

I placed them on a cookie sheet, drizzled with NON low-carb bbq sauce and popped them into a 4508 oven for 10  minutes.

This was a much more appetizing batch of wings for the big game:


This recipe says 12 servings!  Ummm I don't know about you but I don't know of ANYWHERE they serve you only ONE wing! LOL  
In my defense, I did break this up into 4 servings but I had 16 wings. That gave me 4 servings of 4. A nice snack.

Not sure what's on tap for Next week. We'll see.  I will also be back soon with Air Fryer Friday, though that may join the ranks of  'appliances' and be feature don occasion.

Until then...
Enjoy the Journey!
~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment