Monday, February 17, 2020

WEIGH IN 2-17-2020


162/ 171/135

In spite of spending three days in the city and eating copius amounts of crab legs, I managed to drop 2 pounds!

I will admit to being a pig when it comes to crab legs. I LOVE them. Crab legs are probably  my #1 go to food... lobster and shrimp follow closs in line. 

Whenever we take the opportunity to go to the city, we try to arrange to be overnight on a Thursday so we can go to Hemmingways.

Hemmingways Blue Water Cafe is on the 4th floor of Bass Pro in Springfield, MO. They have a really good buffet dinner during the week, lunch/ dinner on the weekends and a great  menu to order from as well. My night is Thursdays. For about $15 above the price of the buffet (so about $38) you get a bottomless bucket of crab legs. If you have a really good waitress, she'll put a refill in order about the time you're pulling the last leg rack from your bucket and the fresh legs arrive in quick minutes. The shells are not soft. They crack easily and removing full lengths of meat from the shell is an easy task... especially if you go prepared as I do. 


Those crab crackers they provide are useless, in my opinion. I take a cloth pencil case that holds a pair of kitchen sheers (that have claw crackers in the handle) and a seafood fork (4-pack @ $Tree)

We won't discuss how many I ate, but let's just say I didn't eat anything off the regular buffet. Serious? I can eat that stuff any time but crab legs only come around on Thursdays!

My question for this week... 

When it comes to food, what is your guilty pleasure?

Enjoy the Journey
~Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment