Tuesday, February 25, 2020

FLY LADY - The Office!


That header so describes the week ahead!
Bob left this morning and I have a plan.

I've discovered I'm going about this office organization all wrong! Let me explain.

I've been trying to work around everything in here. To put something away, I have to relocate something else. Then something else has to be moved to put that 'something' away. A vicious circle to be sure.

What I need to do is clear EVERYTHING that needs put away OUT OF THE ROOM. Then I can do a deep clean before bringing items back in and putting them in their proper places.

As I said, Bob leaves this morning, then the whole living room/ dining room can be as cluttered as I need them to be until the task is finished (and before Bob comes back home in three weeks!) Talk about a deadline!!

In full disclosure, here are the pictures of the four main points of the office before I began moving everything out:

In front of the adhesives cabinet

In front of the altar

The scrap rack corner

sofa wall

Everything has a place, I just need to move everything out then start again from the beginning. 

So that's my plan for this week (and possibly next) - all while doing the daily office stuff and getting caught up on a course I'm taking.

I'm determined to whip this office into shape!

What is on your cleaning agenda this week? Any tips you'd care to share - tips that don't include a massive trash bag ;-)

Enjoy the Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment