Tuesday, February 4, 2020

FLY LADY - Laundry room/ Kitchen/ Christmas


Yes, you read that correctly. I said CHRISTMAS!

No.. I'm not behind LOL.. okay, maybe on one thing. The make-shift tree is still in the living room but for good reason. I'll get to that in a moment.

While most of the Christmas decor comes down around Epiphany my bathroom/ laundry room/ kitchen always stay up until Feb. 1. Why? Because I like the decor. Okay, so sometimes the laundry room/ kitchen comes down with everything else but the bathroom stays up. The decor is all about winter/ snowmen and that encompasses January. Well, if you look at the forecast for Wedneday (never mind we were 75* for Super Bowl Sunday!), winter is still here but come down they must. I need to get this house back in order.

I spent all day yesterday washing curtains, dusting decorations and packing everything away in the new Holiday Decorations storage unit we bought last fall. I wasn't ready to give up my Christmas pretties but time to move foreward.. in spite of our ground hog. Grrr.

The Christmas tree has stayed up way longer because we hadn't done anything more than put lights on and I had not had one single evening to sit and ENJOY my tree lights and a Hallmark moive. Every movie I recorded, save the one I watched Saturday night, is still on the DVR. But the tree must get put away and our living room back into shape.

I do like the idea of getting back into my clenaing routine. I've been so focused on trying to get the studio in shape that the rest of the house has been sorely neglected. As of this writing, Bob will be home tomorrow. Time I made the house look more like home.

While I won't be doing any deep detailing this month, I'm going to be thrilled to just do a basic clean.

What will you be focusing on this week? Share in the comments and let me know. I'd also love to hear if you have any challenges. Let's work together to make our homes at least presentable. ;-)

Happy Cleaing!

No comments:

Post a Comment