Monday, July 16, 2012

Back in the Swing of Things...

At least that's what I'm hoping.

Hi, I'm Kelly and I'm living through weight loss.

Today: 179
Target: 130

And so it begins... again.
I have been doing as the blog suggests and living through the weight loss. And I've been doing well until this past weekend when a Pepsi called my name... repeatedly. I gained 3 pounds over the weekend. I'd like to say 'live and learn' but I'm sure Pepsi will find it's way to me again. But for now I'm trying to be careful and stick to my iced tea with 1 Splenda.

I'm kind of combining methods and finding it works for me. Remember, I told you Bob started counting calories all on his own last December. He's lost over 30 pounds! I am so proud of him. I've noticed he breathes easier when he's working out in the yard and his hip seems to bother him less when we go for walks and shopping.

So when he's home, it's all about the calories. We hang right in around 300 for breakfast and for lunch, 500 for supper and make up the rest in 2 mid-day snacks. He tries to save enough for a scoop of ice cream in the evening and I have an extra fluffy coffee.

However, when he isn't home it's much easier for me to watch the portions. Of course, thanks to the calorie counting with him, I can usually eyeball both pretty well for a balance.

I just need to avoid the Pepsi!


No comments:

Post a Comment