Tuesday, March 26, 2013

INNER PEACE - Week 2

I think I did very well on the Root Chakra last week. I already notice a difference in that I don't have that 'out of whack' feeling any longer. Though my change wasn't huge, it didn't take much to change how I felt.

This week we move to the 2nd Chakra- The Sacral Chakra

The Sacral Chakra is represented by the color ORANGE. For the woman, this is located in the uterus. (Spleen for men). Known as the 'seat of creation', this is related to sexuality and conception and helps us to identify and process our emotions.

If the Sacral Chakra is out of balance, you may experience weight gain ( related to emotional eating), have a fear of intimacy and problems with infertility.

Okay.. so I'm wishing I'd known this about 30 years ago. I have PCOS... PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome. PCOS comes with a full trunk of issues... including infertility. Maybe if I'd known about this sooner, PCOS may have been averted and I may have given birth to my own daughter. Though don't get me wrong. I am proud to have the daughter I chose and after seeing her give birth to both of my granddaughters, I'm not too upset at having missed that part LOL Women who go through child birth are my heros.

BUT... and here's the big one...

Knowing about it now might help alleviate some of the side effects of PCOS that I still deal with on a daily basis, such as high testosterone levels... which in turn forces me to shave more often than I like and in places as a woman I should never have to apply any kind of a razor to.

I can say I am NOT an emotional eater and I don't have intimacy issues... unless you count that I'm turning into a hermit more and more.

Water is also associated with the second Chakra. So making sure I drink lots of it is on my agenda. However, I am having to drink it in the form of decaf tea as while I can make multiple trips to the bathroom with tea (it's a natural diuretic), I find my body retains plain water. Which is sad because I'm one of those people who REALLY like water.

The FOOD LIST:
For this week I'm keeping up with all those yummy RED foods of the Root Chakra while adding ORANGE foods for the Sacral Chakra. Foods like:
Carrots
Peaches
Pumpkins
Sweet Potatoes
Oranges

There are others listed, such as Apricots, Mangos and Tangerines but I don't care for those. And though I love cantaloupe, good ones are hard to come by right now.

Carrots, sweet potatoes and oranges I can purchase. Pumpkins, while not in season are available in pumpkin puree - great for muffins or custard. Peaches, are also not in season but I have fresh ones I canned myself last fall. The next best thing to fresh.

And because the Sacral Chakra is associated with Water, fish and seafoods are also great choices.

So with these things in mind.. I am off to work on Week 2.
Enjoy the Journey!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment