Wednesday, October 8, 2014

RECIPE WEDNESDAY


I am not a 'food first thing in the morning' kind of person. Though I do know I need something to kick-start the metabolism.

So my kick-start usually consists of a cup of fluffy with either 2 fig newtons or a Belvita soft cookie. Banana is my choice there.

By 10 a.m. or so I am ready for real food. And must be loaded in protein. My go to of choice right now is this easy wrap. 1 large flour tortilla (though I'm thinking of dropping down a size) with a T. of Thousand Island dressing (you know, 'special sauce') 4 or 5 deli slices of smoked turkey, sprinkling of shredded Monterey Jack/ Colby cheese and 3 strips of bacon. If I drop down to the smaller tortilla, I can pare down to 2 strips of bacon. I'd also like to add tomato and lettuce but I didn't have any on hand.

Share your 'filling' ideas. I'm always looking for new twists on my favorites.
Enjoy the Journey!
~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment