Wednesday, October 1, 2014

RECIPE WEDNESDAY

FoodSaver® The New FM2000 Vacuum Sealer
I purchased our FoodSaver last night. I'm looking forward to putting the new addition to our kitchen to use. I've been wanting one for a couple of years. Having one would allow me to take advantage of bulk meat sales and package fresh venison, rabbit and turkey when hubby goes hunting.

Then I saw THIS on Pinterest. I followed the website link to Paula Rhodes'  Salad-in-a-jar If the process works as well as Paula claims, I'll be able to enjoy salad or lettuce in a variety of dishes throughout the week without any waste.

I need to purchase the canning lid accessory sealers shown here: http://www.foodsaver.com/accessories/T03-0006-02P.html#start=9

They have them for the Regular and Wide mouth lids. None of the places I checked locally had them in stock. I'm going to look at Bass Pro on Saturday. I may wind up ordering from Amazon where they are less expensive.

I just imagine the healthy foods I can store longer. Vegetables in single pouch servings. And no more freezer burn! Most excited about that, I think.

Do you use a FoodSaver? If so, share your tips and recipes. I'd love to hear from you.
Enjoy the Journey!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment