Monday, August 14, 2017

WEIGH IN 8-14-17

185/167/135

And I'm down again. It's been a stressful week. I've been in a go round with my boss, dealing with office politics (remember, I work from home!) and making sure I get all the grandma time in I can. I'm on the downhill slide to sending the girls back to mama. In the grand scheme of things, none of us here are ready. Even the 5 yr old says she wants to stay. Sadly, she doesn't get it that if she lived here it wouldn't be summer fun and games all the time. Like for the rest of us, real life would have to intrude.

Speaking of real life, I really do need to get back to work. Aside from proving to my boss he did not make a mistake in putting me in charge of marketing for the publishing company (which he has since taken me off the lead but that will change or I'll quit), I have a manuscript to polish and send off to Hallmark Movie Channel. They are looking for stories. I'm hoping I will finally have found a home for the 'book of my heart'.

The stress is taking a toll. Either my body no longer wants to deal with caffeine or the burning hole in my stomach is caused by my job. Not sure which. Maybe a combination. I'm hoping that getting back to a work routine and finally getting things in line with my boss, the lava pool will subside and I can enjoy a cup of fluffy again. For now, I'm all about decaf hot tea and iced water.

As we go into the final two weeks of the girls' visit, there are still a lot of things to do and a couple of things they want to repeat. So I'll work in wee hours of the morning and we'll do stuff the rest of the time.

I'm Enjoying the Journey. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment