Tuesday, November 5, 2019

FLY LADY - Laundry & Kitchen


I am so thrilled to get back into my system. Everything has been kind of let go since May. I've done the basics but really need to do a deep clean, back on track and be ready to decorate for the holidays.

Things are so bad that I'm picking a day this week for different areas. So lets look at what I'm doing this week and what constitutes that area:

MONDAY - Clear the sorting table & clean the cat area in the laundry room.
I've had an 8' table in my kitchen for a couple of months. I've been using that as a sorting surface for mixed media items from the studio. Today is the day that stuff gets put away. The table will stay up.

For the cat area, I take the litterbox outside and give that a good cleaning, shake out and wash the throw rugs underneath, sweep, steam, mop the laundry room floor. Put the cat box back with clean rugs and litter.

TUESDAY - Sort out the kitchen cupboards
Since I need to go grocery shopping, this is a good time to see what's up there. Some things can go back down to over-stock. Some probably just needs pitched or turned into bird/ squirrel food.

WEDNESDAY - Take down the Halloween decor and pack away. Set up the minimal fall decor
Put the sorting table away.
Sweep/ mop kitchen floor and wash down cabinets

THURSDAY - Clean out fridge for garbage day
Make Fall curtains and shelf liners so I'll have them for next fall.

FRIDAY -  Give everything a once-over and be ready for next week's new room.

That's it for this week.
Feel overwhelmed about where to start?

TIP - Pick one area to focus on. Put blinders on to the entire room then just pick ONE task.
One bite at a time.

Enjoy the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment