Wednesday, February 13, 2013

RECIPE WEDNESDAY

Today would normally be a Recipe share. But in looking through my pictures, I see the ones I wanted to use are missing.

So I will spend the next week working on recipes, taking pictures and be ready to share goodies with you in the coming weeks.

In the mean time, what is your favorite snack?

Around here, we have fallen in love with snack bars by either Special K, Atkins, Fiber One and SnackWells.
From Special K, we especially like the new Pastry Crisps. If you like Pop Tarts, you'll love these. And if you've never been fond of those jelly filled pastries, then I encourage you to try this anyway.

I've never liked Pop Tarts. There seemed to me more pastry than goo and I like goo. Pastry Crisps come 2 waver-thin 'pop tarts' to a pouch. You can eat them cold, but I like to pop them in the microwave for about 10 seconds. They come in Strawberry, Blueberry, Chocolate and new Brown Sugar/ Cinnamon. YUM! I thought the chocolate ones would be my favorite but I've found I prefer the strawberry or the brown/ sugar cinnamon. They are 100 Calories per pouch.

When you need chocolaty goodness, reach for Fiber One 90 calorie Brownies by General Mills. They come in Chocolate Fudge as well as Chocolate/ Peanut Butter.

I'm not a big candy person, but when I want a candy bar of some type, I usually grab a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. The calorie count in those is too high to even contemplate. But Atkins has answered the craving with their Peanut Butter Cups. At 160 calories per serving (2) they are definitely a treat, but a better choice of the two. I also love their salted nut rolls at 140 calories each.

Sometimes you just need something sweet and it's nice to have the calories figured for you. It's like you can indulge without guilt leaving a nasty after-taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment