Monday, February 13, 2017

WEIGH IN

185/178  /135

Today's weight surprised me. After the BBQ chicken thighs I ate last night, coupled with Au Gratin potatoes, I was looking closer to a number of 183. Being down a pound was definitely the high point to my morning.

I woke up about 3:30 with a twinge of a sore throat. I'm not surprised as Bob spent three days with a serious head cold. He still has some lingering stuff but seems on a full road to recovery thanks to NyQuil. He's going to get me some this morning and I'll be working from bed. 

Thankfully, we don't have any plans for Valentine's Day. I found a great deal on Alaskan King Crab Legs at our local grocer last week. They only get those and Lobster in for Valentine's Day, carrying them a couple of weeks before the day of Love. I usually order a case of the 4 oz lobster tails, running about $6 a piece. A huge price savings if you consider one of them added to an entree meal at some place like Outback Steakhouse or Ruby Tuesday  runs about $15! I still have most of my case from last year so substituted these huge crab legs calling my name.... and they were worth every bite.

Asian King Buffet in Springfield MO has snow crab leg on their buffet on Friday and Saturday nights. If you know anything about crab legs you know there is a huge difference in size between Snow and King. Bob doesn't eat the snow crab legs when we go because he says their too much work for all the more meat you get. The King crab legs were a different story. I fixed surf and turf for dinner one night last week. He ate his half of the purchase without any issue. Was worth the $10 a pound (as opposed to the $11 all you can eat snow at Asian King) to see him ENJOY them. 

When it comes to the Chocolate part of the holiday, I am so there. I LOVE chocolate. But it has to be either milk or white. If I have to eat any other variety, I'd rather do without. Yes, I'm a chocolate snob in low places. That said, I am able to control how much I eat. Bob is amazed at how long chocolate will last me and the variety I have in various places around my office. Take the Dove Hearts for instance. I can stop at 2. Hershey Cups - 2, even if they're the minis (most of the time but never more than 4) 

Self Control is one characteristic I possess. I'm not saying stopping at one or two, or a smaller portion when as my sister says 'tastes like seconds' is easy. But if you want to win at this game you have to learn self control.... you just have to.

How are you on Self Control? Do you find Control easier with some foods than others? For me, I have very little self control when it comes to Crab Legs - of any kind. But then, I don't get them very often either. So is losing control to a point okay for some things, as opposed to others?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Where ever you fall on the Self Control spectrum....

Enjoy the Journey!
Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment