Monday, May 14, 2018

WEIGH IN 5-14-18


175/167/135

I'm pleased to say I'm down a pound. Now if I can just keep it going! I'm hoping I'm at the point where this roller coaster takes a steady downward glide. I don't want the 'whoosh' of a fast drop weight loss. Quick doesn't allow time for your body to adjust to the extra room. Thus the reason you see so much sagging skin on those weight-loss shows. 

Our skin has an elasticity quality that once we stretch it out, we have to allow time for our body to recover from the abuse of indulgence.

Stretching exercises are a good way to help this along. Though I have to admit, at this point stretching in some directions are tough for me as I struggle with the ability to lift my left arm past a certain height. 

But that doesn't prevent me from working the waistline, which is my goal for this week. 
As I type this, I'm looking at the Gazelle sitting unused. That, too, will change this week. Bob left last Wednesday and I'm ready to kick this week off with my own schedule. I'm hoping for a routine with elements I can keep in place even after Bob comes home.

I did miss tracking steps last week. The battery died in my CopperFit band. I bought a replacement on Tuesday but wasn't until yesterday that I actually swapped out the old one. Before the battery died, I did have a day where I exceeded 10,000 steps. I've also discovered I'm moving more around the house than I imagined. Days when we're out shopping, I don't rack up near the  steps I do when I'm here at home doing every day activities.

The first couple of days after Bob leaves I'm pretty much useless. For the first couple of days I spend my time getting back on my sleep schedule. Wednesday night didn't help when my youngest cat has developed allergies. The pollen count here is through the stratosphere and she was coated in the yellowish substance. when she came into bed she took her bedtime bath, licking and inhaling the pollen. She spent the rest of the night coughing, sneezing, and breathing oddly. Needless to say, not a lot of sleep for this fur-mommy. Friday night I was in bed by 5:30 p.m and slept straight through for 12 hours. 

I think I'm caught up. I got up at my usual time this morning and feel like I can accomplish something without needing a nap half-way through.

I have some recipes I've been working on and a new topic for FlyLady coming up soon. I look forward to sharing my journey with you... as I hope you will Enjoy yours!

Enjoy the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment