Monday, March 18, 2019

WEIGH IN 3-18-19

165/164/135

Technically, I'm up two pounds. LOL BUT I weighed 162 when Bob left on Saturday. Hmmm... what did I do? Didn't change the way I've been eating at all so we shall see.

One of the things I'm missing most since I've changed my eating habits is cake. I've not missed soda at all - which I really thought I would. But man... have I been craving a rich Chocolate Cake.

This all began about two weeks ago. My sister, Kitty, and I spent four fun-filled crafting days at a hotel in Springfield. The last morning we ate breakfast at iHop after loading the vehicles. A pre-teen at the table next to us ordered the Triple Chocolate pancakes. OMG! As if just seeing the stack wasn't bad enough, her mom took a bite and quickly informed us it was like eating a rich chocolate cake. 

Fastforward a week. Bob and I had 'date day' Friday before he left out on the boat. We tried a new cafe for a light lunch. The food was really good. They were kind enough to put my burger (hand made) on wheat toast rather than a bun. When we went up to pay, a decadent triple layer chocolate cake sat on a glass cake stand under a clear cloche. Chocolate cake with mini chocolate chips, chocolate frosting topped with Caramel chips!! At $3 a slice, man.. was that tempting. Had we been on our way home instead of just heading into Poplar Bluff, I may have considered bringing that puppy home and freezing it in petite four bites.  

So this week, my big push is to make sure I drink ALL 8 glasses of water. Every last drop! I'm using the water tracker both in my planner and on my phone. An app called Daily Carb. 

I haven't been on the Gazelle since I've been averaging 6,000 steps+ a day just doing house stuff. We've had to move the gazelle into the sewing corner of my office to make room for the girls' beds in the living room. At least it's more in my line of sight. 

What's on your 'push' list. Let me know. I'd love to hear from you!
Enjoy the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment