Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A SQUEE MOMENT!

What a beautiful day in the Ozarks. The sky is what I call 'puzzle perfect'. You know, that blue sky you find in all nature puzzles. Granted, it's only 24 degrees outside but I am cozy warm in my rural home.

I stepped on the scales this morning. Because my husband weighs the Thursday after he comes home from the boat and again on the Tuesday morning as he's getting ready to leave, I've started using Tuesday as my Weekly Weigh-In.  Now that doesn't mean I'm not checking the numbers throughout the week. But Tuesdays are weigh-in day for me.

When we checked the scales last Tuesday before he left, I weighed 189! Accckkkk! That was not going to be a permanent number in my life.

This morning I stepped on the scales, and after moving the cat off (she's a tubbo kitty and I DID NOT need her help), The pretty red numbers came up.....

184

I've lost 5 pounds in a week! I don't feel hungry, I haven't been counting calories. I've just been watching my portions and avoiding the high-caloric foods (like the cheesecake bites my sister left her last weekend).

I'm not pushing for 5 pounds the next week, though that would be AWESOME. I'll be happy with three.

Let's see how things go. But whatever happens, I'm just going to...

Enjoy the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment