Monday, April 10, 2017

WEIGH-IN 4-10-17

185/177/135

I spent the entire weekend in Northern Oklahoma on a research trip. The weather was great, though the wind could have blown A LOT less. I walked through museums, historical downtown districts of both Ponca City and Pawhuska racking up the steps. Then on our way home yesterday I walked up and down every other row of a small-town cemetery looking for the final resting place of a Korean War solider for another article I want to write. That one had me walking against the 25 mph wind on every 4th row.... oh yeah and after walking the entire cemetery, I found him third row down from where I'd parked the truck, in an older part of the cemetery. They just buried him last fall so I did not even think to look their first. 

In spite of all the walking I am up a pound. BUT... and here's the big 'but'. I am comfortably in a Size 14, St. John's Bay Slender Fit pair of jeans! I bought a pair off a clearance rack last year for $4.99. I was determined to get into them within a year. They are so comfortable that I bought three more pair last weekend.... on sale. Not near the clearance price of the first pair but at a price I could live with. I think it's time to start pitching other jeans in my closet again. Time to pare down.

I didn't feel as if I overate. However, I did drink more soda than normal so I'm pretty sure that had something to do with it. I just wanted carbonation. My goal is to drink more water this week, continue to walk as much as possible and see if that extra pound can go by the wayside.

Most of my week will be spent sitting, though. All tht walking I did in OK? Part of it was for an article I have due on Saturday. I also have an entertainment article to do plus the marketing stuff. So, yeah, it's going to be a push to get any walking done. If the sun comes out, I'm thinking of coating myself in Repel and doing a timber walk for Morel Mushrooms. Up and down the hollars should have me racking up the steps.

What's on tap for your week? Whatever you do...

Enjoy the Journey!
~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment