Monday, April 17, 2017

WEIGH-IN 4-17-17


185/179/135

In spite of logging almost 30,000 steps in the past 3 days I managed to gain 2 pounds! Not sure what's up with that. Not eating Easter candy, had a small piece of cheesecake for dessert yesterday after a simple Easter dinner. A single plate of a little of everything, no seconds. Hmmm

But I'm not worried (though Bob did say since I gained weight he should get the $200 I won when he came home LOL)

This week I'm focusing on getting those steps in every day and drinking my water. 

I belong to a crafting thread called Stamp 2 Spend. We 'pay ourselves' for using product (rather than buying new stuff - use what we have), cards we make, scrapbook pages, actually 'mailing' a card, taking part in challenges,  as well as anything else we feel we need a little extra incentive for. Money is a pretty good incentive in my book. After pounding out so many steps working in the garden over the weekend, I've decided I'm going to pay myself $5 each week that I avg. 10,000 steps a day.

Also, I hope to hike more in the next few weeks before my granddaughters arrive. I've received a list of several National Parks that are on the chopping block for closing due to lack of funds. I'm going to check out the list and see if there are any within a nice weekend driving distance and check them out while I still can.

Here is the list:

Proposed park closings include:
  • Talimena
  • Great Plains State Park
  • Cherokee Landing State Park
  • Natural Falls State Park
  • Red Rock Canyon State Park
  • Great Salt Plains State Park
  • Lake Eufaula State Park
  • Lake Wister State Park
  • Alabaster Caverns State Park
  • McGee Creek State Park
  • Foss Lake State Park
  • Osage Hills State Park
  • Greenleaf State Park
  • Lake Texoma State Park
  • Grand Lake State Park
  • Grand Cherokee Golf Course
  • Boiling Springs State Park

Plan For the Week:

Drink Water
Walk More
Breathe

Whatever's on your Plan  - Enjoy the Journey!
~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment