Friday, April 7, 2017

RECAP - 4-7-17

I apologize for no posts for most of the month of March. While I had my scales in place for the posts to run, I did very little on the computer. We went to my brother-in-laws the first week in March and got hit with another round of flu. A severe sinus infection followed for me. I did what absolutely had to be done - and very little of that for the entire month.

As I type this, I feel much healthier and am getting back to a regular work routine


One major event this week. Bob went back to work the end of March and was out two weeks. That meant our weight loss challenge began again. Bob lost a pound.... but somehow I managed to lose THREE!

Since there hadn't been a loss for either of us the last time, that meant this pot was worth $200 rather than our traditional $100. So I'm now three pounds lighter and $200 richer. I don't know how long he's home for... he no longer has a set schedule with his job. So we shall see.

One of the things I tried while he was out last time was this new Campbell's Skillet Sauces. Super easy to make. For the most part, you just add the meat. I had some IQF chicken breasts that needed used up and this seemed like the perfect time to try the Chicken Marsala. YUM!

Simmering in the skillet:

I failed to take a picture of the dish plated because I wound up freezing these as individual portions and have only eaten one as a last minute, I need something quick meal.

If you're into pre-packaged foods, give these a try. I have a shrimp scampi in the cabinet that I'll probably make while Bob is home this time.

I'm traveling for business this week so not sure where the scales are going to hit on Monday. I'm hoping they don't go above their current 176. Wish me luck!

Enjoy the Journey!
~Kelly




No comments:

Post a Comment