Monday, July 17, 2017

WEIGH-IN 7-17-17


185/171/135

I'm typing this on Sunday. I'll try to remember to get in here and fill in that actual weight. I forgot to weigh this morning.  

UPDATE:  I didn't gain any during vacation! Now if I can just lose a pound this week. I really want to see 170 by August 1. From there the 169 by October 10th should be easy peasy.

We spent all of last week in Eureka Springs AR on vacation with the girls. I'm a strong believer in "calories don't count" on vacation, though I did try to behave. 

The first thing we did was take a ride on the Eureka Springs & North Arkansas Railway. They offer an excursion, lunch or dinner trips. The girls love trains so we thought this short trip (about 90 min.) with lunch would be perfect.

Picture

Menu Selections:
Chicken Salad with Fresh Fruit
Beef Stroganoff
Ham and Turkey Croissant
Grilled Cheese Croissant with Tomato Soup
Egg Salad with Fresh Fruit
Chicken Strips (kids)

All entreés are served with hot, fresh baked rolls, beverage and special dessert.

Meal and trip are a package. Adults is $25 and Children (under 8) $15.

I chose the Chicken Salad with Fresh Fruit


I also had grapes but they are difficult for me to eat unless I cut them in half. A young girl across the isle from us got the Chicken Strips (which came with seasoned green beans) She doesn't like anything green so I happily gave my grapes to her. 

Everything was very tasty. 
There was a bit of a lull between the meal and dessert, which gave the girls a chance to just watch the scenery.  


Then dessert came. I failed to take a picture before I began eating. 


This is what they called a Eurekan Chew Chew. They are a bar cookie consisting of a shortbread/ pecan crust, caramelized brown sugar for the middle then melted chocolate chips on top. 
Very yummy. Served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzled in chocolate. 

The rest of the week we ate at the hotel restaurant - Myrtie May's Cafe. This place is an institution. One waitress, Molly, has been working there for 42 years! Then there's young David, who began busing tables at the age of 14. He'll turn 16 in a few weeks. Very conscientious young man. They have a fabulous soup and salad bar but with my teeth, some things are just not as enjoyable. I ate light breakfasts then enjoyed a homestyle meal from the menu.

Best Western Inn of the Ozarks and Convention Center is the only hotel I will stay in when I go to Eureka Springs. They've hosted the Ozark Creative Writers Conference for 51 of the 52 years we've been in existence. I've been going there since my first conference in 1999.

Lots of pool time and just snuggling with the girls. We did some sightseeing but because of the heat and having the girls I didn't do near the walking I normally do on my own.  There will be plenty of time for that after the girls are gone... but I'm not going to rush that.

What's ahead for the week? I'm still into Camp Reset and this is Week 3. This week we are focusing on moving more. I want back on the Wii this week. I will probably put down the equipment mats to absorb some of the shock to my feet when I'm walking or bicycling. Those do not require the board. 

How do you like to 'get moving'?

Enjoy the Journey!







No comments:

Post a Comment