Monday, September 18, 2017

WEIGH IN 9-18-17


185/169/135

And I'm back up. Well, all things considered I am not surprised. I spent three days in Springfield with my sister last week. Springfield always includes food. 

Wednesday night we went to The Hill.  This is an all you can eat Italian buffet with foods similar to what you would find in The Hill district of St. Louis.... Little Italy if you will. I take a little of this and a little of that. One dish I love is their cheese ravioli in a mushroom/ wine sauce. Man, is that dish rich and full of flavor. I also tried the Tiramisu cake. Kitty was done eating and had her dessert but I gave her a taste of mine.. next thing I know she's asking our waitress, Andrea, for a new fork and was going after her own piece. LOL yeah.. the food is THAT good.

We went to Colton's Steakhouse for lunch on thursday. Just something light to hold us til dinner.I ordered the Honey BBQ Boneless wings. Kitty ordered the catfish and we shared an order of Onion Tanglers:


For dinner, she indulged my desire for seafood. We went to Hemingway's Blue Water Cafe in Bass Pro. While you won't see it on their menu, on Thursday nights they up the price of their buffet if you want the all you can eat crab legs. I am a sea food fanatic.


 I know the calories in sea food are high but I don't get to this treat in Springfield as often as it sounds by my blog posts. ;-)

She left Friday morning and I hung over an extra day to finish my errands. Friday night I had crab legs and mussels in black bean sauce at Asian King - my favorite Chinese buffet in Springfield. I will tell you this. I've read some of the reviews on yelp and I'm not sure we are eating at the same place. My servers are always smiling and friendly, the food is always good... though some days are better than others but I chalk that up to whomever is in the kitchen. Face it, some people are better at their job than others. The complaint about waiting for crab legs is legit. But that is not the only thing coming out of the kitchen and they expect you to eat other things on the buffet. One thing that would be helpful is if some people would show consideration and not pile their plate with legs as I as possible so that only 2 or 3 people get crab legs while the rest of us wait for the next round. Show some courtesy, people!

While I do eat at a lot of buffets, I am able to step away before the point of misery. I have decent self-control. It isn't the quantity that raises the scale but the types of food. And they are treats.

While in Springfield I went out to a thrift store I'd been in several months ago. They are in a strip mall across the street from my dental office. When I was their last time, they had a Tony Little Gazelle. Like a nitwit, I gave away my knock off- cloud walker several years ago, thinking I'd use the treadmill more and we didn't have room for everything. I've regretted that decision a hundred times over and wanted a replacement. This time, the treadmill is going!

edge-model-stride

While they didn't have the Gazelle I'd looked at before, they had gotten one in the day before. The price for this piece of equipment ranges from $175-$229 new. I picked this one up for $8.88 before Senior discount. I thought maybe those numbers were a code but the team member assured me that was the price! Umm... load me up please!  

Here's a YouTube video taking you through an entire work-out, with Tony!


Wednesday, I'll be back to show you what I accomplished in the Living Room yesterday. Flylady is keeping me on track and motivating me to GET THINGS DONE so I can decorate and enjoy the holidays.

Whatever's on track for your week.... Enjoy the Journey!
Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment