Wednesday, September 27, 2017

RECIPE WEDNESDAY - New Meal Planner

While out shopping at Hobby Lobby last Friday, I had to browse planners. Not that I NEED another planner. I just love them. It's the OCD in me. I have several. But I knew I didn't need to buy one.  Then THIS fell into my line of vision.. okay it didn't 'fall' per say but I did come across this pretty on the main drive isle by the registers:


Take note of the price. Nearly 75% off AND is good through the end of 2018! Yeah, for that price I can play and see if I'll actually USE a meal planner. I'd apologize for the next pictures, but I've learned from watching FoodNetwork that you don't apologize. Not to point out the negative. It is what it is. I'll do better next time :-)

I told my sister about this planner and she had me pick one up for her while I was in town yesterday.

This planner has a Month On Two Pages. Good to have an overall view of the month. I can track Bob's work schedule so I know when he's home.. aka more actual meals and less 'what sounds good to me today' kind of meal planning.


While I am a Daily kind of planner girl, I like the Week On Two Pages for meal planning. I mean, meals are planned by the week, right? This enables me to get an idea of what I need to pick up on my weekly trip to the grocery store.


A couple of years ago I picked up a Note kit from Barnes & Noble that had elongated notepads - 1 for each month. I have tons of the sheets on each one left because I've only used them in the planners for things like this. So I can add one to each weekly page with a piece of Washi tape:


Bob is gone until October 11th so I won't be doing a ton of meal planning before then for me, but we have company coming for a week a few days after he gets home. So I can start now planning the meals for that week and filling out the shopping list. I'm gone the week he gets home so I want everything in place before I leave. 

I've taken all of the 'before' pictures around the house. Next week I'll be showing you the office progress. For real this time :-) I wound up having to work all weekend for my boss and got zip done in there last weekend. I HAVE to work on it this weekend. 

Enjoy the Journey!





No comments:

Post a Comment