Monday, September 4, 2017

WEIGH-IN 9-4-17



185/169/135

First off, I apologize for no post last week. Sunday, when I usually weigh in and post to the blog, we were a bit busy spending the final few hours with the girls. Monday we drove to OK then Tuesday morning, up to Wichita to meet up with our daughter and hand over the girls. Was a bittersweet weekend. We miss the girls like crazy but I must get back to work.

Thankfully, I am not a stress eater. I tend to go the other direction. Rather than eating constantly, I focus on the multiple tasks at hand and forget to eat. I'm going to focus on that over the next few weeks by setting a timer. Rule of thumb to feed the metabolism and keep the fire burning is to eat something every three hours. Doesn't have to be anything big. A piece of fruit or a spoon of peanut butter will do that trick.

Bob leaves tomorrow and plans to stay on the boat as long as they'll allow. We know things will slow down this winter so we want to build up our reserve for the leaner months ahead. 

The pantry will be fine. I've been canning pints of pasta sauce with the tomatoes from our garden on a weekly basis. I'm averaging four pints a week. While Bob is gone, my first task is to clear the freezer of leftovers - my meals until they are gone - then restock with lean proteins and quick casseroles. 

Quick casseroles are important as I look ahead to November. For the past eleven years, I have taken part in National Novel Writing Month. Nano as we affectionately term the event is a month-long dedication to spewing the first draft of a new novel/ project. I'm hoping to have the mindset to write book 3 of my Seasonal Sisters series or book 3 of the Branson series. I'm spending this month revamping my very first novel - the book of my heart - to submit to Hallmark Movie channel. They've been my target for the past few years and they are finally accepting manuscripts.

So, my September:
      Put house back in order (I'll talk more about this later in the week)
      Get my job as Marketing Director for Oghma Creative Media and Saddlebag Dispatches mag
               on track before my boss boots me
      Polish A Christmas to Remember and submit to Hallmark
      Start fall yard work and begin storing straw for next spring's garden.
      Finish Office organization project (I have company coming in 6 weeks!)

See... no stress ::: gulp:::

Thankfully, most everything will fall into place once Bob leaves. It isn't about him being home so much as I just work better alone.  So, with the girls and Bob gone I can shift into my own schedule and move forward with much more productivity.

For this week:
Getting back into routine with:
       Eating Schedule
       Working Out
       Cleaning Schedule 

How does your week look?  Whatever your plans, the most important thing to remember is to 

Enjoy the Journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment