Monday, October 2, 2017

WEIGH IN 10-2-17

185/168/135

And the see-saw continues. I'm pretty sure that extra pound came as a result of the delishes Mexican Enchiladas Supramas platter at Los Amigos on Saturday... a platter that was chased with a large Pepsi. After walking the Pioneer Days festival I was in the  mood for a Pepsi. One thing that I have in my favor is that most of the time I don't just want a soda.. but I have a taste for something specific. Some days it's a Pepsi, even though I know the citric in Pepsi is going to make my psoriasis flare up. When I'm home, I'm content with a mini can - 100 calories size is plenty to satisfy my taste without doing too much damage to the scales. 

I'm down to the final nine days to get things in shape before I'm no longer home alone to work my own schedule. 

Yesterday, I put 4 C of shredded zucchini in 2-cup bags in the freezer. They'll be perfect for zucchini bread or adding to a spiced cake mix for quick muffins. I do the recipe with a 302 can (15 oz?) of pumpkin most of the time but I thought adding zucchini either in place of or in conjunction with the pumpkin would be an added fiber/ vegi quotient.

The recipe: 1 box of spiced cake mix plus one 302 can of pumpkin. That's it.. No oil, no eggs - nothing else. Then bake as usual. 

Today I have the components ready to stir up a crock pot of gumbo to snack on for the next couple of days. I use a modified version of Paula Deen's gumbo.  This recipe is usually in the crock pot on Christmas baking weekend.

Whatever your path this week, enjoy the journey

No comments:

Post a Comment