Monday, October 23, 2017

WEIGH IN 10-23-17


185/172/135

Not a number I expected to see on the scale this week. With all of the traveling, family visiting and my husband's birthday yesterday I have managed to stay on point. I didn't overeat at any of the places I ate out and there wasn't even cake for Bob's birthday yesterday. He did get a hot fudge sundae at Colton's from the staff and I only had two bites of his ice cream. So let's back up.

The last time I stopped in, I was headed for the Ozark Creative Writer's Conference in Eureka Springs AR. My sister, Kitty, our friend Linda and I arrived early enough on Thursday to enjoy the lunch buffet. I ate mostly protein and no cream soup. We also ate there on Thursday night. I had the hot roast beef with - but didn't eat the mashed potatoes.

Friday was breakfast at the same hotel restaurant. two scrambled eggs with bacon and toast. For lunch I had a sandwich and the salad bar. Now dinner, was a bit different. Friday and Saturday's meals were part of the conference. Friday night is always BBQ. I ate a small portion of the scalloped potatoes, green beans and 3 chicken thighs. I wasn't able to eat the brisket or the ribs without risk loosening my teeth. I passed on dessert.  

Saturday was more or less a repeat of Friday. The banquet fare was comfort foods. I enjoyed a piece of meatloaf and two pieces of their famous fried chicken with corn and green beans. While I drank water the entire weekend at all of my meals, I did stray and have a double shot of Peach Schnapps on the rocks. It's a tradition for my sister and me. 

Sunday, we had the brunch buffet. Made to order omelet with all the vegies, bacon, ham and chicken.  Sunday night, I threw together Hamburger Helper when I got home.

Monday, Bob and I drove into Springfield to meet his brother/ wife. Dean and Rhonda drove over from Oklahoma to spend the week with us. We ate at The Hill, an Italian Buffet named for the same heritage district in St. Louis. Tuesday we ate at Hemmingway's Blue Water Cafe at Bass Pro. While the past was a bit off course, I will say you can't eat as much as you think you can. Pasta fills you quick. At Hemmingways, I only made one trip and only proteins. No soup, no dessert.

Wednesday - Friday we ate here at home. I made basic comfort foods and never had seconds. Though I probably drank more soda than I should have. And thus the culprit. Bob has quit having a pitcher of tea in the fridge when he's home. He's been drinking more water. 

So my plan for this week, put a pitcher of unsweet tea in the fridge and keep the water jar filled and cold. 

The other thing I've started doing is making a weekly menu. I bought a Week on 2-pages planner specifically. If I've not shown that to you, that will be my post for Recipe Wednesday. Otherwise, I'll be showing you a recipe. I'm going to trade off between a Recipe and Flylady.

Bob is looking at being home more  as the weather changes and work on the river slows down. So there will be less cash-flow and I'll be making use of what's on hand for most meals. As we are fast approaching National Novel Writing Month, I see a lot of crock pot meals in our future. 

Do you have a go-to crock pot recipe? I'd love to know. Please share!
Enjoy the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment