Tuesday, October 31, 2017

WEIGH IN - A bit late

185/169/135

I got a little caught up in a straw bale delivery yesterday and never got to any of my blog posts. I did weigh in before the thirty bales arrived and I spent most of the day working off pounds - I hope.


Thirty bales later Bob and I spent the day placing bales to create places to grow tomatoes, corn and anything else that I can think of next spring.

I've tried getting the bales in the spring but they are so difficult to come by. So I decided this year I would buy them in the fall when they are in abundance and hope they don't break down too much over the winter. If I don't 'condition' them - encouraging the decomposition process, I think I'll be okay.

Not sure what I'm doing the rest of the week. I do know we're having tacos for supper tonight, Ham and Beans tomorrow. Bob has a lodge meeting Thursday night so it's liver and onions with mashed taters for me. Friday is Chili, Saturday homemade pork burritos and Bob's favorite Pot Roast on Sunday.

I'll try to introduce you to what makes my Liver and Onions special next Wednesday and the recipe for the pork burritos, a recipe I learned at the age of 9 from a Mexican woman who lived in the trailer park where I lived. These are authentic Mexican pork burritos with two small shortcuts... shortcuts that in no way affect the flavor.  You'll see what I mean in a couple of weeks.

Whatever's on your plan for the week...

Enjoy the Journey
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment