Monday, February 11, 2019

WEIGH IN 2-11-19


165/163/135

I had a bit of a set-back on the health front the past couple of days. For this week, I'm making some adjustments to see if I can get that back on track.

Last night I went to dinner at our favorite restaurant, Costello's, for Prime Rib


This is the King Cut - a 20 oz slice. They gave me the end cut this time. Don't freak at the size. We NEVER eat the entire thing. There is only a $6 difference in price  between the smaller one and the King. We always order the King then bring 1/2 home for a second meal. While that is still above the standard cut, this is our date night... our treat. This is a good representation of the thickness:


Notice the thickness matches the depth of the fork tines.

I only ate about a fourth and brought the rest home. I also brought home half of the broccoli. For an appetizer, I had the shrimp, which I wasn't happy with. In the past for the $8 we got six Jumbo Gulf shrimp. Last night for $9 I was given 6 medium shrimp on a bed of fresh spinach. So not happy and I politely let them know. I also had part of the house salad. Prime rib doesn't stay warm long when you order the cut medium rare so the salad was set aside for the sake of steak temperature.

Part of the reason I may not have eaten as much as usual (meaning an entire 1/2) was that Bob wasn't with me. Just not 'date night' without a date. LOL 
Yesterday morning I cut the left overs into thirds and froze for future meals.

My plan for this week is lean proteins and more salads. We'll see if the wheels get back on track.
What's on your plan for the week?  Please share in the comments below. Kind of like date  night, this isn't any fun without conversation. 

Enjoy the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment