Monday, February 25, 2019

WEIGH IN 2-25-19


165/160/135

Can you see the big smile on my face? I have FINALLY dropped off a plateau of  back and forth numbers.  

On the other side of that smile is the fact that Bob came home yesterday. At first, he didn't think the weight loss challenge was fair anymore because I've had to change my eating habits. Well... guess who won the $100

He lost SEVEN pounds! 

He was a very surprised and happy man. Apparently, the alternate pilot/ captain on the boat buys stuff for actual meals as opposed to the quick fix stuff (high in calorie/ salt/ fat) that Bob normally buys. Though with Calvin there is usually at least 1 trip to Popeyes a week. LOL

Bob told me to cook the way I have been. I'll just have to adjust the vegetable thing for him and watch the carbs for him. He also doesn't do well with buffets (he has not control at buffets. .. that 'gotta get my money's worth' mind set).  I do well at buffets because I do have control but like being able to pick and choose the healthier options rather than paying for things on a meal that I can't eat. 

Aside from the weight-loss, I am noticing other positives. The muscles in my biceps don't hurt like they were. I still have problems fully extending my left arm as well as reaching behind me (like to find a sleeve in a jacket) with my right. I'm hoping these issues will continue to improve.  

I've also been really racking up steps. I crossed the 12,000 steps two days this week as well as 13,000 one day. Proof that crafting does NOT have to be a sedentary lifestyle. 

Find something you love and MOVE! Your body will thank you.
Whatever you choose to do...

Enjoy the Journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment