Wednesday, June 28, 2017

RECIPE WEDNESDAY - Teriyaki BBQ Wings

I love BBQ. And while I'm not a fan of pub crawls, I could get into some tailgating come football season. Though, I know tailgating has become very sophisticated in some areas. Me? I'm happy with a plate of BBQ wings. Not the Hot/ Buffalo... but a mix of sweet and tangy... like Teriyaki/ Sweet BBQ.  Come on! You didn't think I'd stray from Chinese too far, did you? ;-)

Here's where I started:



I used about 1-1/2 cups of Teriyaki Marinade to 1 cup Kraft Sweet Honey BBQ. A nice balance. 

I coated the foil-lined cookie sheet with a non-stick spray then popped them in the oven around 375 for 30 minutes.

When I removed them from the oven, I put them into a large metal mixing bowl then drained the juices off the cookie sheet. After thoroughly coating the wings in the sauce, I put them back on the cookie sheet and into the oven for 20 minutes at 350* to bake the first coat on really well.

This is what they looked like after round one:


Following The Pioneer Woman's BBQ Chicken Thighs recipe, I dipped them three more times, letting them back for 10 minutes the first two times. The final bake I left them in for 15 to really let that last coat carmalize a bit. 

This was the result:


They turned out very yummy. I spread them out on a foil lined cookie sheet and froze them over night then packaged them 6-8 per package in my food saver bags. I think after the girls are gone, I'm going to do several batches of these and have them in the freezer ready for Bronco Season!

Enjoy the Journey!



No comments:

Post a Comment