Monday, February 26, 2018

WEIGH IN - 2-26-18

179/166/135

I'm finally down a pound this week. I know the culprit has been soda. Even switching to the 100 calorie cans doesn't help much if you drink two a day. I try to limit myself to one but there are days when I just need the carbonation. I hear you thinking seltzer water. Ewww!

I have a couple of those acrylic mugs that when you turn them upside down in the freezer, the stuff between the walls freezes and will keep your drink cold longer. Using one of these, I can make my own frozen coke. So for the past two days I've been sipping on one of these. I pour a large coke into the glass and let it set up in the freezer to slush point then after a couple of drink, I top it off with a mini coke. I put this in the refrigerator and just pulled it out when I needed a bit of carbonation. I'd take a couple of sips through the straw then put it back and switch back to drinking water, which sits in my Ozark Trail glass on my work-table or desk. 

I keep saying everything in moderation and this is how I plan to moderate my soda in-take from now on. I also seldom order soda when we go out to eat (which we have done a lot less of in recent weeks). Most always water or unsweet tea. I know.. I moved to the south and I don't drink 'Sweet Tea' LOL.

Speaking of moderation, I've been hearing a lot of comments about the 'FreeStyle' program from Weight Watchers. Some people don't feel it's working for them. If you are freestyling, I'd love to hear your take. You can share with me here or on my Instagram account - kellyscountry. Just look for the cowboy boot/ hat logo.

Enjoy the Journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment