Wednesday, August 14, 2019

RECIPE WEDNESDAY - Vitamins & Fast Metabolism

While I've always tried to eat healthy (okay, most of the time), sometimes I need a little structure. As I said in Monday's post, my sugar numbers have been back up due to 'not' staying on track while the girls were here.

DISCLAIMER:
I am not a dietician/ pharmacist/ nutritionist, etc. Expert in anything. I just know what works for me.
Do your own research and listen to your body.

First, let me give you a rundown of my routine.

Morning:
8 oz of warm lemon water with a tsp. of raw honey.
This helps cleanse the liver, which will help rid the body of excess glucose.

Breakfast
2-3 days a week: old-fashioned oat meal with diced peaches/ cinnamon and a 1/4 c half & half
 Cinnamon is great for lowering glucose. While fruit is a natural sugar, this also provides fiber           the body needs. Same for the oatmeal.

Morning Vitamins  1200mg Berberine - take 2.
Berberine is a Chines vegetarian supplement that will help block  sugar
Apple Cider Vinegar tablets 480 mg per serving.(take 2 / 1-3 times per day) I take them 3 times a day
Chromium - 1000 mg - take 1
Chromium is a system cleanser. Lets your body only retain what it needs and flush the rest.
CoQ10 - 200 mg - Good for heart function. My mom died of a heart attack so I know there is history
Cinnamon - 1000 mg per 2 tablets.
Super B Complex - 1 tablet for Metabolism.  I have a slow metabolism.
Ocuvite for 50+ - For eye health
VirMax - Blood Sugar stabilizer - take 1

I take 2 vinegar tablets 3 times a day. I also take the cinnamon mid-day rather than with the morning round.

BEDTIME:
I have an 8 oz. cup of Detox Tea by Yogi. You can read about it HERE

Apple Cider Vinegar can reduce your 'fasting number' by 20pts. So at bedtime, I drink 4 oz. warm water with a 1/2 tsp of raw honey and 2 Tbl. of Apple Cider Vinegar. I usually have 2 -3 crackers to prevent heartburn.
While this seems like a lot, I feel the natural course is far better than the chemical/ medical options. 


I won't go into details about Haylie Pomroy's system today. If you need a refresher, I invite you to check out THIS POST

There are 3 Phases. Her key thing is 'don't start on Monday'. I get that. With that in mind, Phase 1 runs Tuesday Wednesday. So here's my food list for yesterday and today:

PHASE 1

VEGGIES:
Bamboo shoots/ Bean Sprouts/ Green Beans/ Carrots/ Mushrooms/ Peas/ Pumpkin/ Sweet Potatoes/ Tomatoes

GRAINS/ STARCHES:
Barley, Brown Rice, Steel Cut Oats, Quinoa, Rice Milk, Sprouted-grain breads, Tapioca, Wild Rice

FRUITS:
Apples
Apricots
Asian Pears
Blueberries
Cantaloupe
Cherries
Honeydew
Lemons/ Lime
Mangos
Oranges
Peaches
Pears
Pineapple
Strawberries
Tangerines
Watermelon

MEAT
Lean meats - beef/ chicken/ pork/ turkey
Buffalo
Deli meats (nitrate free)
Fish - Haddock/ Hallibu/ Pullock/ Tuna
Sausage - chicken/ Turkey/ nitrate free
Turkey Breast
Turkey Bacon

BROTHS/ ETC.
Broths - chicken/ beef
Dried Herbs
Garlic - fresh
Ketchup - no sugar/ syrup added
Mustard
Decaf Tea/ Coffee
Salt & Pepper
Onion Salt/ Powder
Garlic Salt/ Powder
Cinnamon

SWEETENERS:
Stevia
Tomato Paste
Vanilla Extract
Peppermint Extract
Vinegar

NO FATS!

 If you look at the list, you'll see the first 2 days are more about 'cleanse'.

BASICS
Eat within 30 min of rising - this kicks in the Metabolism
Eat EVERY 3 Hours -
    Meal/ Snack/ Meal/Snack/ Meal
Veggies are FREE
Drink a minimum of 64 oz. EVERY DAY!

Tomorrow I'll share with you what the list encompasses for Thursday/ Friday.

Whatever you choose to eat/ not eat... remember....

Enjoy the Journey!
~Kelly




   


No comments:

Post a Comment