Monday, August 12, 2019

WEIGH IN 8-12-19


162/ 167/135

I'm Back!

Thank you so much for your patience while I took two months off to spend with my grandgirls. They are 11 and 7. We had an awesome time making art, weenie roasts in the back yard and hotel/ pool time. We took in a local play of Beauty & the Beast as well as caught showings of Aladdin and Secret Life of Pets 2. Lots of garden time, snuggling and just making memories.

After not touching my office during that time, the place is a disaster. I've been working on a serious dig out/ pitch/ organize session in prep for starting an Etsy shop as well as increasing my Stampin' Up! business. I have a financial plan I'll share with you at another time.

For now, this is my first day of my first full week back to work. My blog board is set up, the planners (which I've not looked at since mid-May) will be put in order and I'm writing again. You can read about that in today's post at my AngelaDrake blog 

As you can see, I am up a pound from my last blog post. Not too bad considering all the nibbling and eating out we did while the girls were here. That also meant my sugar numbers went back up. Bad me! But I'm okay with that because I know what I need to do to get back in line.

BTW, Bob won the last weight challenge. While I could have used the money I was thrilled to see him losing weight. With his job, that is such a struggle and I was very proud of his accomplishment.

Now that I've had a chat with my sister, I can share with you that I am pre-diabetic. My goal is to not have to take medications/ insulin. I've gotten a lot of good information from the American Diabetes Association website I know this is controllable with proper diet and exercise. 'Proper Diet' means eliminating things from my food plan and adding extra of others. 

After the past two months I think I need to shock my system back into shape. For the next two weeks I'm going back on the Fast Metablolism menu. You can read about that in THIS POST.

  Wednesday is Food Day here on the blog so for the next couple of weeks I'll be sharing the rotation of foods from the Fast Metablolism plan. 

My step counter is out of commission for the next couple of days. I need a new battery. I did keep my steps up while the girls were here but I want to go back to tracking them in my planner again. 

Feels good to be back with y'all. Let's Do This!
We are on this together... let's Enjoy the Journey!

~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment