Friday, March 6, 2020

AIR FRYER FRIDAY - YouTube Fried Chicken

This week, I want to share a recipe from Youtube that I tried. Booger500us tried a recipe from another YouTuber. I will leave her video down below.  I'm also sharing a video I found after writing this post: check it out here:



First off, I didn't delineate from the original recipe except for two things. I left out a lot of the spices - using only Seasoning Salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder and a dash of Black Pepper. While Bob loves KFC Original Recipe, he is not a 'spice' fan.  The other thing is that instead of the traditional pot styled air fryer, I used my Emeril 360.

When it comes to 'air frying' in the Emeril, I've not been happy. That said, I'm not giving up. I'll keep playing.

I rolled, I dipped and I spritzed with non-stick spray for moisture.  As you'll see in one of the pictures below, I still had flour residue that didn't 'fry'.



Air Fryer basket. Note the flour spots still visible
don't let the color fool you. The skin never did get 'crisp'


From the baking sheet on BAKE. 
This is after we'd removed the pieces from the pan so you'r seeing the side that was down. Still almost soggy.


You can tell the difference from the pieces to the left/ bottom that came from the air fryer basket
and the ones more on top/ left from the baking sheet.


The other thing I wasn't happy with is the overall texture. 
The legs were tough. They were cooked through and reached a temp of 165* but I couldn't pull most of the meat from the bone with my fingers.  I fought my way through one, ate way too many carbs (and my sugar number showed the result the next morinng)

I'm planning to toss the rest into a pan with some low-carb BBQ sauce and that will be my Air Fryer Friday post on March 27th.  I'll be using the slow cooker setting. 

In the mean time, I'm going to be looking at some of the recipes I get in my email from Emeril and see what happens in April. 

Do you have an Emeril Oven? What's been your experience?  Please share you stories in the comments below. 

Enjoy the Journey!




No comments:

Post a Comment