Wednesday, February 5, 2014

RECIPE WEDNESDAY - Creamy Mushroom Pasta /w Spinach



I am enjoying playing with the recipes I find on PINTEREST. This one came from a blog called Julia's Album.  Although multiple steps were involved, I pulled out my trusty wok and got to the task.


Caramelized Onions in Olive Oil

Added sliced Baby Portabella Mushrooms. These are my favorite and most accessible mushrooms (other than white button which I feel have no flavor)


Fresh spinach. I placed a lid on for a few minutes to let it wilt down

Although I thought the dish came out a bit oily I enjoyed the combination of flavors. I think the Portabella mushrooms might have contributed to the 'oiliness' because they are a buttery flavor. But needing the EVOO to cook the onions, there really isn't any way around this. The other thing is this recipe called for Parmesan cheese (which may take up some of the oil) but I don't care for Parmesan except in Alfredo sauce so left that off. 

I would make this recipe again.  



No comments:

Post a Comment