Thursday, May 20, 2010

Challenge day

The first day my husband is due home is always a challenge for me. In the back of my mind I worry about him making that long drive from Chicago to the southern MO Ozarks. It isn't a bad drive but there are so many drivers on the road who don't pay attention.

Add to that my previous evening. For some unknown reason my minutes after going to bed last night my granddaughter became filled with such sorrow, the sobs seemed to come all the way from her toes. She has NEVER cried like this before. In fact, she really isn't a crier. She's a very happy child. When she cries, you know there's something wrong.

It was also a night of predicted storms. For me, that means pulling out the hide a bed and camping out in the living room... the only place my 13+ year old Sheltie feels semi-safe during thunder and lightening. And she won't sleep in here alone.

Needless to say, it was almost 12:30 by the time my granddaughter had settled down to sleep, all the animals were tucked in somewhere for the night and I was trying to get comfortable without my body pillow on one side and the 2.5 yr old tucked into the back of my neck on the other side. That is until 6 a.m. when I feel a pat on my head and 'Hi Ma' in a very wide-awake voice. Too cheerful for my little sleep, LOL but precious just the same. I couldn't be upset with her. So during the time I'm usually enjoying quiet time, Handy Manny was already on the TV and I was in 'straighten the house' mode.

It would have been so easy to skip the treadmill today. Trust me. But I am so afraid if I miss one day then each day that follows will become easier and easier to let slide. I don't want to do that. So after getting supper underway, I gave hubby instructions for finishing and I laced up the shoes. I did the mile in just under 30 min. That mile would be faster if I didn't spend 10 min at 1.5 in warm up and cool down. But it will come and soon I'll be doing my mile in 15 minutes and working towards a new GOAL. For now.. here are today's stats.

1.08 mi./ 2.6 peak speed/ 195 cal/ 30 min.

And the Journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment