Monday, May 17, 2010

Charting the Course

Well... I did it. I got on the treadmill this morning. I'm not talking after morning coffee, or time on the computer. I mean very first thing. I took care of personal business, laced up the tennies I bought strictly for exercise (but had yet to use) and set the machine in motion.

Keep in mind, it isn't a fast pace to start out. I walked for about 15 min. at 1.5 speed. Then I kicked it up to 2 for 10 minutes before coming back down to 1.5 for the final 5 min. It took me 31. minutes to walk the mile! OUCH! But I will get better over time. Back in my slimmer days I could walk the mile in 15 minutes. I'd be happy with that so I'm going to stick to today's plan for a week then gradually step up the pace. When I can clear the 1st mile in 15 minutes, I'll increase the mileage. I'd love to be able to walk 5 miles by September when I am planning my private vacation.


As I count down, take note of the bar at the top of the page (courtesy of www.tickerfactory.com). As the weight gets closer to the GOAL of 125, you'll see the bar move in that direction.

So let's get moving and...

Enjoy the Journey
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment