Friday, June 15, 2018

FRIDAY RECAP - Really!

Okay.. so this week was crazy. I really thought I'd get a Recipe Wednesday post up before Bob and I left for a couple days of R & R. When he's home, I am not on my own time schedule. I'm scrambling now to get things done before we go to dinner... and pretty sure I'm not going to get the things done I wanted to before we leave.

We got home Wednesday afternoon and I was just done for. It's bad enough that once I've been out and about, I'm pretty much done for on the return home. The heat indexes are NOT helping. I just want to go sit in Alley Spring and not move til fall.

Yesterday, I took too much heat working in the garden - later than I would have liked yesterday morning but since Bob was working on a task for me, I couldn't leave him out there alone even though 'early' is not his thing.

I've never been able to handle heat. Even as a little girl, too much sun would give me nose bleeds. That's why I became a 50's housewife. My mom taught me everything about keeping house. I got to stay in to do household tasks while my younger sister had to do time in the garden.  Sadly, I enjoy both sides. I just know I have to be out there early in the morning or wait until the sun has gone down before I do much outdoors.

All of my progress photos are on my phone so I'll have those for you next week. Not enough hours today to pull them off, resize and upload here.

I've been getting steps in, just not remembering to mark them down at the end of the day. But I think I've hit upon a system that will help me remember.

I'll see you Monday! Have a great weekend, Happy Father's Day to the men in your life and...

Enjoy the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment