Monday, June 18, 2018

WEIGH IN 6-18-18

175/167/135

No change from last week, which surprises me considering Bob and I ate out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday during our get away then again on Friday for Date Night.  

One thing that did help, and I might be getting through to Bob is the portion control thing. He'll be the first to admit that is his biggest stumbling block. At dinner on Friday night, he followed my example by bringing half of the 18 oz Prime Rib home. We'll be having steak and eggs for breakfast this morning. Of course, last night we had surf and turf here at home. We're still working on the 4 oz lobster tails I bought a couple of years ago during a Valentine's sale at the grocery store. The neat thing is that with the Foodsaver bags they keep really well, allowing me to buy them in bulk when they're on the annual sale and enjoying them for several months out.

So this week may be Bob's last week home before he heads back out on the boat. We've planned out the menu. 

Monday - Goulash Casserole
      I made this from leftover goulash I made for his lodge meeting on Saturday night. I put half the goulash in a 8x10 pyrex casserole dish, spread 8 oz of homemade pasta sauce, then a layer of Mozzarella slices. I topped that with the remaining goulash, the other 1/2 of the jar of pasta sauce then Velveeta slices. I might make a couple slices of garlic bread to go with using sourdough bread

Tuesday - Tacos!

Wednesday - Cheeseburgers on grilled sourdough bread (think Hardees), tator tots and Vanilla Milk Shakes (National Milk shake day!)

Thursday - Homemade Chinese Buffet with Beef/ Broccoli, Beef/ Mushrooms, Teriyaki chicken, fried rice, egg roll and possibly baked crab rangoon.

Friday - Baked Cajun Tilapia, noodle side dish and peas

Saturday - Chicken Breasts - I'm thinkin' Cord en blu, scalloped potatoes

Sunday - Pork Steaks in mushroom gravy, Rice and cheesy green beans

Bob's going to call the office on Thursday so we'll see how the schedule actually holds from there. If he leaves, I have plenty of leftovers in the freezer to work on before I have to worry about cooking full meals. 

That's my week - what's on your plate?

Enjoy the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment