Wednesday, June 20, 2018

RECIPE WEDNESDAY - Breakfast Anyone?


I've always heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. For me, that is protein of some sort around 10 a.m. I can't eat much when I first get up. A couple of fig newtons with my coffee and I'm good. Just something light to kick in the metabolism.

A couple of weeks ago I had two hamburger patties left over from supper. I sliced them in half horizontally, turning them into a true hamburger 'bun'.

Next I fried an egg over easy and added a slice of american cheese.

Bottom slice of hamburger, topped with fried egg

Slice of American cheese and other 1/2 of burger patty.

YUM!

You are still eating this with a fork but was so very good. Another great addition would have been to top it with a bit of country gravy. Will try that next time.

What's your go to Breakfast of choice?
Whatever you choose, Enjoy the Journey...




No comments:

Post a Comment