Friday, September 20, 2019

AIR FRYER FRIDAY - Bacon!!!!

Good morning, everyone!

Today begins a new series - Air Fryer Friday!


Bob and I invested in the new Emeril 360 Air Fryer.



I spend a lot of time cooking just for me so turning on the big gas oven to do something small just doesn't make sense. I'm heating up the house, forcing the AC to run more, which increases my power bill.

We had a small toaster oven. We bought it at an estate auction about 15 years ago for $5... so I had something to cook in when we were coming down to do the house remodel. We hadn't added appliances yet. I had a microwave and a cooler. We didn't want appliances in until we had the new floor in place.

Bob uses and Air Fryer on the boat and talked about getting one for the house so when I saw the Emeril 360, I thought this would be the perfect match for both of us.


For years I've cooked bacon in the micro-wave using this little Bacon magic. There was a period where I went through two pounds of bacon a day! I wore out one of these cookers. They allowed approximately 98% of the fat to drip off and left a chewy goodness.


The Emeril 360 gives me the same result but it's on the counter more at my level LOL. Our microwave sits up on a shelf above the stove and is a bit challenging for me to reach at times. 


The rack will hold 4-5 pieces at a time. Place the rack on the Air Fryer position. I went with their recommendation of 400* I believe.

After 10 minutes, this is the result:


I placed a double-fold of paper towel on the door before I pulled the rack out so that remaining drips didn't wind up on the glass door. This made for easy clean up.

You can also just see that I lined the drip tray with a double fold of aluminum foil. There isn't a lot of room to slide beneath the heating bars once you've put the foil on so just take your time and guide it in.

BIG TIP: If you do not have a dishwasher.. I know, I'm still a dinosaur - lol ... run a sink of Hot soapy water to put your drip tray and rack into as soon as you're finished. Clean up is so much easier.

While the bacon was cooking, I mixed up pancake batter and got out the cast iron skillet.


Not sure what I'll show next week. I did BBQ Chicken legs last night that turned out AMAZING! We did BBQ ribs and New York strip steaks... Like a dummy, I deleted them off my phone before I transferred them to the computer!

I hope you'll check out the air fryer and join me in testing out recipes!

What would you like me to test for a future post? Let me know in the comments below and I'll do  my best to accommodate!

Enjoy the Journey!





No comments:

Post a Comment