Wednesday, September 25, 2019

RECIPE WEDNESDAY - Women's Health & Fitness Day!


When it comes to health, women need to lead the pack!
Face it... we are called upon to do EVERYTHING and we are often the last to take care of ourself.

Health and Fitness go hand in hand and TODAY is the day to make the decision to do something for YOU! Today is National Women's Health & Fitness Day

Perhaps your local community is holding a health fair of some type. Take some time today to check it out.

Not a 'joiner'? Yeah, me either. But we are on here together. Or you have friends on FB that need a little support.

Recently, our Stampin' Up! community on FB has started forming Accountability Buddies. Some only have one, then there's me that am blessed to have 4 (counting my team members). We check in with each other once a week via text/ email or my new favorite app Marco Polo.

Marco Polo is like Face Time and Texting had a baby. You can leave a visual message for anyone on your contact list that also has Marco Polo. They can watch in real time then respond or they can catch the message later and respond when it's convenient for them. The messages are there to refer back to later.

I'd love to have an accountability buddy for my workouts. Somehow the reminder on my calendar that rings at noon and says 'Did you exercise today?' just isn't cutting it LOL.

And if you want to talk food...


Today is National Lobster Day. Yep.. there is Lobster for dinner on my menu.

Every February, our local market gets in the 4 oz lobster tails for under $6  a piece. Mind you, this is the same 'add on' lobster tail you get at chain restaurants for $15!!  I stash 'egg money' back throughout the year then buy a case, which runs me about $200. Then we have lobster throughout the year. 

Today, there will be lobster and some large gulf shrimp in my future. Now if I'd just remembered to by mussels, I could have had a lobster boil!

In honor of Women's Health & Fitness, I think there will be some dance party in my future first!
Enjoy the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment