Monday, September 23, 2019

WEIGH IN 9-23-19 & Restless Leg Syndrome


162/171/135

I will be honest... I didn't try very hard this week. I also learned that I am more of a stress eater than I thought I was. 

Monday went well if you count finding out my dog needs surgery... and the only vet that can do it is having the same surgery but to his arm on Tuesday! He'll be out of surgery commission until January. He can assist one of the vets, but that vet has never done the surgery before. In the mean time, HoneyB (4 year old beagle/spaniel mix) is on pain meds two times a day until we can get him into surgery. Oh... he tore the tendons in his back left knee.

Skipping ahead, I tried another vet who used to be with this clinic  but has moved almost two hours away to be closer to family. Dr. Carmen is super. But she was out of the office until Thursday. She called to let me know that A) she isn't equipped to do that particular surgery and B) she is booked two months out!
So waiting for Dr. Mike to assist Dr. Johnny it is. 

Tuesday, I had multiple financial issues... none of which were mine.... including finding out I had a non-sufficient funds on an account I've not done anything with! come to find out, the money was never transferred when I set up the account. The check order bounced! Yep.. Tuesday was one of those days that I seldom have.

Wednesday was better. I ran a few errands and tried to catch up here at home.
Friday was errand day. Trash drop off, a bit of shopping and renewing my driver's license.
While dropping off the trash I pulled a muscle under my left rib. Breathing the rest of the day was difficult. Saturday I spent a lot of time at the crafting table so I wasn't tempted to try doing stuff around the house. 

As I type this.. it's Sunday. I'm cramming to get all of my blog posts for the week written so I can clean/ decorate my house ahead of my sister and her SO coming for a 4-day play weekend. 

Okay.. Now on to today's topic.



I suffered with leg cramps as a child. They called them growing pains. I had an iron deficiency and I suspect that's where they originated.

Restless Leg Syndrome can also be a sign of multiple other health issues, including diabetes. See this article HERE  Other factors can be as low-key as STRESS or PREGNANCY but also more chronic as Diabetes, Parkinsons or Kidney failure. 

If you struggle with Restless Leg Syndrome, consult your doctor to find out what may be the cause. 

Long day ahead of me but I am planning to Enjoy every step of the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment