Friday, September 27, 2019

AIR FRYER FRIDAY - BBQ Chicken Legs


Today's recipe came by mistake but sometimes those are the best kind of meals!

When I went shopping a couple of weeks ago I thought I'd purchased two bags of wind drummies to turn into BBQ wings. When I got home I realized I'd purchased two - #4 bags of full-sized chicken legs.

These legs weigh about #1/2 each. They are huge!

So I lined the drip tray with foil (this has become a habit for easier clean-up)
Then I lined the baking pan with foil as well... Again, that easy clean up factor.

I rolled each leg in BBQ sauce and placed on the baking sheet.
Position the rack on the BAKING level and turned the dial to BAKE.
I wanted these to cook slow so I set the temperature at 325* for 15 min. then hit start.


I've gotten in the habit of preheating BEFORE I put the pan in. I'm finding that putting the food in during the preheat tends to dry it out and not giving you a true cooking time reading.

When the little bell dinged that the oven was preheated, I slid the baking tray into place.
At the end of 15 minutes, I turned the legs over and went for about another 20  minutes.
You want an internal reading of 165*


While mine showed DONE both in temp and visuality near the bone, they still had a bit of tug. The two I have left over are in the small crock pot today with a bit of Peach Butter, 1/8 C of water and will simmer for awhile.

If you try any of my recipes, I'd love to hear from you! Let me know your results or if you do something different. We're all here to learn!

Enjoy the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment