Tuesday, April 9, 2013

INNER PEACE - Week 4

I know I'm squeaking this in tonight before bed. I'm traveling this week and trying to be 15 places at once. Thankfully my Chakras have been aligned and strong so I'm not allowing myself to be as stressed as I could be. I am ready to go back home but that won't happen until Sunday.

This week we are talking about the Heart Chakra. Located behind the sternum with the thymus gland and the heart, you might think the color Red when you think of this chakra. Associated with Love Energy, the Heart Chakra is actually identified with the color GREEN.  The fourth chakra is the center point, connecting the three lower chakras to the three upper chakras.

People who experience a blockage in this chakra may experience depression, romantic rejection or jealousy. Isolation and loneliness are a constant struggle. A dysfunctional heart chakra may be the root of difficulty experiencing empathy or compassion in themselves or those around them.

If food is your avenue for dealing with any of the above systems, than you can add weight gain to the list of issues. If you are going to eat... eat the foods that will help put you on the right path. Look for foods with green skins or pigments:

Artichokes, Asparagus, Avocados, Broccoli, Cabbage, Celery, Cucumbers, Edamame, Green apples, Green grapes, Green peppers, Honeydew melon, Kiwi, Lettuce, Limes, Peas, Pears, Spinach, Zucchini.

Without knowing this list before hand, I went shopping yesterday. I am staying at a hotel with a mini-kitchen so am able to cook my own foods and stay on track. I bought a tub of fresh mixed fruit that included honeydew and Kiwi. Lettuce, Green Peppers also went in the cart. I'll try to pick up on the other foods this week when I eat out.

For now...
Enjoy the Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment