Tuesday, April 16, 2013

INNER PEACE - Week 5

Before I talk about this week's Chakra, I am going to make a quick abbreviated post that should have been up yesterday. Yesterday was m first full day home so of course it meant running errands with Bob. What is it about one or the other of us being away from home that the first day back becomes 'errand day'? I spent part of the afternoon catching up on some email.

I did get on the scales yesterday morning to discover I had GAINED 2 pounds over the course of nine days. I guess the couple 'treats' I allowed myself were enough to make a difference. While I can't go 'liquid' like my daughter, I do know I have to be really careful this week if I'm to not gain any more and look 'presentable' at the symphony on Saturday night.

Speaking of my daughter, I hope you'll check out her new blog and story. She is an amazing woman. Like me, when she gets something in her head, she's like a locomotive on a run away track when it comes to focus. Her blog - getfit4younotthem is a testimonial story of what you can do when you set your mind to something.  We are both on our own personal journey, just taking different paths while finding what works for each of us. That's what the 'journey' is all about. Thanks to her journey, I know I'm ready to get back to exercise.

Okay... CHAKRA time.  Today we're talking about the Fifth Chakra - the Throat. We all know where our throat is located, but do we understand the connection this chakra has to the rest of our body? Represented by the color BLUE, this energy center is associated with the thyroid and parathyroid glands. Because this chakra involves sound, we also associate it with communication, speech and self-confidence.

If the Throat Chakra is stagnant, you might have difficulty communicating with others and expressing yourself. Signs of problems may include frustration, social anxiety, dishonesty and a short attention span. Bob will tell you the only one of these I may deal with is the latter. I have what we call 'ooo shiny thing' syndrome. If something catches my attention, I am off. Though the 'medication' for this unbalanced chakra is NOT something I deal with. When the Throat Chakra is out of wack, you may find yourself stuffing your throat full of food, causing weight gain.

When balanced, you speak the truth and can express yourself creatively in a variety of ways. You are also a good listener. When the Fifth Chakra is healthy, you have energy for speaking, singing, thinking and other creative pursuits such as writing.

To stimulate the Fifth Chakra wear colors blue and blue gemstones such as lapis. When it comes to food, think Anchovies, Blueberries, Blackberries, Organic Honey, Crabmeat, Crayfish (mud bugs), Lobster, Mussels, Salmon, Sardines, Scallops and Shrimp

Do you notice something about the proteins in that group? They are shell fish (with the exception of Salmonand Sardines. Fresh, blue-water types of fish. I think Swordfish would also be a good one to add to the list.

And when it comes to exercise for opening up the Throat Chakra, you can not beat a good Yoga routine. Breathe!

Enjoy the Journey




No comments:

Post a Comment