Tuesday, April 3, 2018

FLYLADY - Kitchen & Laundry


We are back to the Laundry Room and Kitchen for Zone Deep Clean this week. Tasks I hope to accomplish include:

LAUNDRY ROOM:
Decorative Shelf above the washer/ dryer
Recyclables taken into town
Sanitize the cat counter

KITCHEN:
Create new storage for under the sink
Inventory the canned/ dry goods cabinets
Declutter the silverware drawer (I swear utensils multiply!)

I've already started a big box to deposit thrift store donations as I come across them in each zone this month.

There is one thing I'll need to wait on Bob for with the under the kitchen sink area. We bought baskets to hang on the inside of one of the doors for storing cleaning rags. We measured the basket with a cabinet at Menards only to find out when we got home that our door area is a bit wider. The basket will still fit, Bob just needs to put a piece in to screw the baskets to. I could do that part but his shop is such a disaster that I can't get to the miter saw or the small circular saw. Maybe I need to add a battery powered circular saw to my tool collection.

Speaking of tools, I bought a set of tools for my vacuum cleaner last week. I had a set that came with my small shop vac and we had a set that goes with the Kirby. Well, both my shop vac and the tool caddy for the Kirby were in Bob's shop and guess what... not a single tool to go with either of them. I swear I'm putting my shop vac under lock and key. As for the crevice, upholstery, and dusting brush I bought last week. I have them in a tool bag under my work station. They won't leave the office unless I am the one using them. Do you ladies have that problem with your tools?

Recap for last week, I didn't get anything done in the basement. I was too busy creating in the craft room. I'd lost my mojo earlier in the year but when the creating energy spark lit last week, I created card after card after card... well, you get the idea. I finally have enough cards to mail off to everyone with birthdays and anniversaries this month... something I failed to do in February and March.

I'm hoping the April Showers (that we've had in place since February) will pass soon so I can start working outside. Even  my Great Pyrenees is getting depressed. He is shedding his winter coat. When the rain stops long enough for him to come out of his dog house, he lays in his favorite corners -which are mud puddles most of the time these days and has become a matted mess. I can't wait for a warm day so I can get him brushed and clipped. That is going to be a task but he's a good boy and trusts me to do pretty much whatever I need to do. For now, he's so depressed he doesn't even bark. Poor baby. I'm hoping a few days of sun will turn him around.

What is your focus area for this week? Whatever it is, remember to Enjoy the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment