Monday, April 9, 2018

WEIGH IN 4-9-18


175/ 166/135

Wheeeee! Down we go to the 166 mark again. I really would like to actually LOSE at least 1 more pound before Bob comes home. That would put me down two pounds since March 4th. I have somewhere between 1-2 weeks to accomplish that goal.

I talked about my step counter issues last week and I've solved the problem:


You can just see the large safety pin slipped into one of the holes on the band. When I get dressed in the morning I pin the Copper Step into place and I'm good to go. No  more taking it off to work at the computer and not counting steps while I'm multi-tasking around. I wore it yesterday and racked up almost 5,000 steps = 2.5 miles clearing off my work table, running the vacuum cleaner and basic errand stuff around the house. 

I'm sure I get a few extra counts during bathroom trips but I'm okay with that. I'd rather have those few extra jiggling the counter when I pull my pants up and down than not be getting any count at all because my wristband is laying on the table. 

At night, when I take it off, I note the steps in the designated spot on my planner.

I'm also going to be serious about getting on the Gazelle this week. Last week began a very sad journey for me.  My Great Pyreneese/ Chow mix is aging fast. Bear is almost 14 and after all the weeks of curling up in his dog house to avoid the rain (he prefers to lay out in his kennel), the damp, the cold, the ick has caught up to his bones. He's moving slow, some days chooses not to eat and bowl movements are infrequent no matter how much wet food/ olive oil/ warm milk & karo I give him. I had the vet make a stop by the house Saturday. He said Bear seems happy over all so just let him be happy as long as he wants to be.  I'm hoping the warmer temperatures will help increase his mood, act as a heating pad for his bones and make his last period of time with me at least somewhat comfortable. Bob is building him a bigger doghouse when he gets home. Nothing extravagant but something larger that he can really stretch out in. He fits in this one okay but it's narrow. Walking in then turning around to see out the door is hard for him these days.

So if my posts become irregular, know that I'm just spending extra time with my boy. 

Enjoy the Journey!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome on the count. Isn't it amazing how many steps get racked up over things like cleaning the work table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I'm seeing that I am moving more than I thought. I mean, I always knew I was going constantly but there are days when just being within the house doesn't seem those steps are possible.

    ReplyDelete