Wednesday, April 18, 2018

RECIPE WEDNESDAY - Pesto Pork Chops

When I saw THIS recipe for Pesto/ Parmesan Pork Chops I knew I had to give the recipe a try... with a couple of modifications.

The recipe comes from RealLifeDinner

Before I began, I knew there would be a couple of modifications. Number one, I'm not a fan of Parmesan cheese. As a base for Alfredo Sauce, yes. But not shredded on top of my pasta or just about anything else. The cheese has a sharpness I don't care for, much like Swiss or Sharp Cheddar. Just not a fan.

So I started with the Pesto. I do enjoy Pesto. As she points out in her recipe, there are many varieties. Everything from different labels to homemade. Making homemade just for me doesn't seem worth it, so my next best choice is Classico. Well-balanced in flavor and texture.

First step, cover my roasting pan with aluminum foil for easy clean up. Then I added two organically-raised, non-processed pork chops and spread them liberally with a heft 2-3 Tablespoons of Pesto.


Aside from leaving off the Parmesan, the other change I made was to cover the chops with aluminum foil. I was afraid they would dry out and I wanted to retain the juices. Boy, did they turn out juicy!


Look at the reserved juices in the bottom of the pan. 

I wound up not eating these for supper so recovered them and put them in the refrigerator over night.
The next day, I drizzled them in Ragu Alfredo Sauce:


I baked them uncovered in the toaster oven at 350 for about 20 minutes.


I was going to make fettuccine pasta but didn't have any in the pantry. (on my supply list now) but I did have a Knorr Alfredo pasta side dish. I fixed that up and served with green beans, basted in the juices from the pork chops.

Overall, a very yum,y recipe. I will fix this again when Bob isn't home. But when he is, I liked the Alfredo sauce on the chops and will probably fix them that way sans Pesto for him. 

What's on your table this week?  Whatever and however you choose to eat...

Enjoy the Journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment