Tuesday, March 13, 2018

FLYLADY - Living Room


I am moving Fly Lady to Tuesdays for now. I'm getting better at having recipes for Wednesday so Tuesday's it is.

This week is all about the Living Room.
After what seemed forever, I finally got the Christmas tree down over the weekend. Don't judge! I had not been putting the task off because it was difficult but because I love the colored lights.

Every morning, I would come out and turn the tree on. Seemed so peaceful while I enjoyed a cup of fluffy and cruised Pinterest or watched YouTube videos. The living room looks soul-less without the pretty lights. But I have a plan... :-D

However, the tree coming down meant there was room to pull the Gazelle out so I can finally start getting the exercise I so desperately need. I'll be talking more about the Gazelle on Thursday.

We use sheets to cover our micro-fiber relciners. I detest micro-fiber fabric but since Bob was graciously spending money to build my office AND I was getting the sleeper sofa in the bargain, I told Bob to pick out the new recliners.  Two Words - ANIMAL HAIR! We have 3 cats in the house and a Beagle/ Basset/ Spaniel mix. All shed horribly and trying to keep that micro-fiber clean was a task I just don't have time for. So sheets it is. Didn't our grandparents cover their furniture? Remember those pretty crocheted arm and head rest covers. So pretty.

Ours are covered with $15 flat sheets from Walmart with a coordinating pillow case on the headrest. I have brown ones with cream pillowcases for fall. White with red pillow cases for Christmas. This week when I go shopping I'll pick up a couple of cream sheets and soft blue pillow cases - or vice versa. The everyday drapes, which are blue, need to go back up so that will work. I've already purchased flannel backed table clothes in spring blues/ yellows for under and on top of the dog kennel.. which sits between the two recliners, serving as a coffee table.

Now if I could just make myself tackle the small book case and top of Adrian's dresser that sits here in the dining room. A MUST! but I'm thinking next month's deep clean zone of that part will be soon enough.

A Clean House is a Healthy House and all a part of...

Enjoying the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment